Established: 2008 | Convened by: UNITE-LA
The L.A. Compact Joint Advocacy Workgroup brings together cross-sector government relations staff to advocate on state and federal policy issues that impact young people from cradle to career in the LA region, such as:
- Equitable and expanded funding through revenue-generating measures with commensurate accountability for all L.A. public schools, early childhood education and higher education.
- Relief from state and federal mandates and regulations that require specific uses of funds.
- Policies that mitigate barriers to collaboration between and among L.A. Compact partners.
- Policies that support streamlined linkages between early childhood, K-12 and higher education, and that support high-quality early childhood education environments.
- Effective policy that advances education and workforce development both statewide and nationally on a spectrum that includes early education, K-12, higher education and workforce.