Sue Cannon published Workgroup Update | December 2018 in Workgroup Updates 2019-01-15 09:58:02 -0800
Thank you for your steadfast dedication to improving educational outcomes and closing attainment gaps for children and youth in Los Angeles. We hope the new year brings you a renewed sense of purpose and optimism for the future.
Sue Cannon published L.A. Compact Connection Newsletter | November 2018 in Newsletters 2018-11-16 13:31:34 -0800
"Foster Youth College Awareness Month", Sharing Successes and Lessons Learned, Young Ambassadors Program and more
L.A. Compact's Workgroup and Collaborative updates for the months of September & October 2018
L.A. Compact's Workgroup and Collaborative updates for the months of May and June 2018
Follow our Workgroup and Collaborative updates for the months of March and April 2018
Sue Cannon published L.A. Compact Connection Newsletter | April 2018 in Newsletters 2018-04-30 16:57:42 -0700
Promoting College Readiness for Antelope Valley Foster Youth
This story and more in the April issue of the L.A. Compact ConnectionRead more
Updates include LAUSD Strategic Plan engagement, Joint Advocacy legislative priorities, L.A. STEM Hub's new partnership foundation, OYC's Young Leaders, and moreRead more
Sue Cannon published L.A. Compact Connection Newsletter | March 2017 in Newsletters 2017-05-31 14:03:43 -0700
Welcome to the launch of the L.A. Compact's first bi-monthly newsletter!
Since 2008, the L.A. Compact has convened cross-sector stakeholders to work together across siloes in pursuit of three big, systemic goals:
- All students graduate from high school;
- All students have access to and are prepared for success in college; and
- All students have access to pathways to sustainable jobs and careers.
Today, 17 working groups (and counting!) are engaging hundreds of partners to improve cradle to career outcomes through the power of collective impact. We hope this newsletter will help shine a spotlight on this important collaborative work that seldom makes headlines. Each edition of The L.A. Compact Connection will include a short feature story, timely Compact workgroup or partner updates, and links to relevant news and research. We look forward to your feedback on how we can best utilize this newsletter to share the collective work of L.A. Compact partners.Read more
Established: 2008 | Convened by: UNITE-LA
The L.A. Compact Stewardship Group is comprised of senior staff and deputies representing the L.A. Compact signers. Members serve as stewards of the larger community interest and serve the L.A. Compact’s broader collective vision.
Roles of the L.A. Compact Stewardship Group:
- Identify challenges in education, workforce development, and other public systems and develop joint solutions to improve coordination and service delivery that will advance the collective vision and 3 Goals of the L.A. Compact:
- All students graduate from high school
- All students have access to and are prepared for success in college
- All students have access to pathways to sustainable jobs and careers
- Review and revise the L.A. Compact’s big goals and collaborative strategies as appropriate to ensure continued relevancy in shifting contexts
- Identify a priority list of “sub-goals” and strategies that will contribute significantly to the L.A. Compact’s 3 Big Goals and improved student outcomes.
- Regularly measure progress of the L.A. Compact partners’ collective impact in achieving the 3 Goals by:
- Assessing the continued validity of metrics as predictors of student outcomes
- Advancing improved data collection and sharing between partners
- Identifying new joint metrics of success as appropriate
- Utilizing data indicators to assess progress and need for collaborative action
- Cultivating alignment between measurable objectives identified by individual workgroups and the Compact’s broader joint metrics of success
Mutually Reinforcing Activities
- Identify emerging opportunities for collaborative action to improve student outcomes along the cradle to career continuum
- Support the development and actionable strategies of collaborative work groups within the L.A. Compact “constellation”, including the creation of a formal description of how work group activities and strategies advance measurable goals.
- Regularly update and track progress of institutional commitments outlined in the L.A. Compact partnership
- Share institutional priorities and progress with other L.A. Compact partners to inform collective action
- Stay informed of activities of the L.A. Compact workgroups to identify additional opportunities for alignment
- Develop strong group dynamics for collaborative decision-making by ensuring continuity of representation on the Stewardship Group and attendance at meetings
- Pursue joint funding opportunities to advance collaborative strategies
- The Compact Stewardship Group will be convened by UNITE-LA
- Guide the L.A. Compact in prioritizing strategies for collaborative action while assessing feasibility of new initiatives and building convening capacity
- Assess the L.A. Compact’s success in creating momentum among partners towards a positive common agenda
The rigor of the L.A. Compact's commitment to education transformation in our region is the alignment to Measurements of success
Measurements of success
All students graduate from high school
All students have access to and are prepared for success in college
All students have access to pathways to sustainable jobs and careers